<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sssssssssssnakes 

Note: This is all said in a creepy hushed voice like on a documentary about unsolved mysteries. After each period, a low chord on a piano is struck twice.

It was dark, I was in my car. I was scanning the road ahead of me, I was going 30 mph, and there it was. Slithering, then frozen under my headlights. I passed, I stopped, I went back, I got out, I looked from a distance, and it had a triangle head and a rattle. It was three feet long. I yelled for my mom. She did not appear. I got in my car, I debated letting him go, I thought of swelled up horses, I turned up the radio, and I ran him over. I missed, I backed up, it curled up and rattled, and I ran it over again. And I ran it over again. And I ran it over again, many more times. At last it was dead. I ran over a snake while listening to "Lean on me."

THE END.

We'll move on from dangerous snakes to dangerous prayers. I'm not sure I mean this yet, but I'd like to mean it in the near future.

I said I let You in my heart,
And I let You in the door,
But now I hear You asking me,
For just a little more.

Farther down the hallway,
You spotted the blockade,
The rooms I like to call my own,
Where You can look, not change.

But under Your revealing light,
The things I thought were set,
Look just a little crooked now,
A nice try, but not perfect.

Can You take my weird ideas,
And put them in their place?
Can I let my worries go,
And simply seek Your face?

Take it then, take everything,
I don't need it anymore,
Please become the Lord of my dreams,
And show me what You have in store.


I guess the other reality shock paddle that came today was a blazingly clear summary of something God has shown me over the last year and a half: 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear. For some reason I had the notion for a while that 'twas intellect that taught my heart to fear. As if I was any smarter than the next person! I wonder how many times I sang that without getting it.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software