<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Heaven is in the livestock building 

The end of the story is how I bottle fed an orphaned alpaca baby. The beginning of the story is putting on a red suit and yellow boots. The middle of the story is how I stood behind three surgeons and kept smacking my own jaw shut because they were c-sectioning an alpaca before my very eyes. The fill-in parts of the story cannot be spoken tonight because spending 6.5 hours in the livestock barn has not magically filled my brain with all knowledge concerning muscles and bones of the thoracic limb.

Day 6 of being a vet student: thumbs up.

Comments:
Perhaps I'm rushing to assumptions, but since you said it was an orphaned alpaca, I'm guessing that the mother did not survive the operation. This naturally drove me to track down this savory tidbit from a travel & cousine website:

"Specialities of the region (Peru) include alpaca. The alpaca is a smaller, cuter version of a llama but please don't let that stop you - it has a wonderful, kind of venison-y, porky, beefy taste and if you can find it in a French-style white wine sauce then you're in heaven (we can probably help you out!). Oh, and we did we mention it only has 1% fat?"
 
Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software