<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The cricket 

1980's version

The little cricket
Chirps it's little heart away
But only at night

2006 version

The little cricket
Chirps my sanity away
KILL THE STINKIN' BUG

Fourth grade haikus race through my head as my one earplug falls out and I'm woken again by God's little creation that is REALLY LOUD and likes to live outside my bedroom window. Tonight I went down there with a flashlight, pulled out some sticky weeds, pushed a bunch of rocks around, inadvertently pulled some legs off of innocent bystanders (grasshoppers) and found a HUGE black cricket that I didn't want to kill after realizing he was just trying to be a good cricket, so I threw him out the front door and heard him hit the pavement... nah it's too dark, I can't see if he's okay. Well what could I do if he wasn't? I guess I could feel bad. BUT anyway, I then went back to find some more (although I'm pretty sure that in my moments of mental clarity Sunday night I deduced that all the racket could be coming from just one cricket) and found a great treasure. It was a very nice sized stag beetle, very similar to good old Dr. Jeckyl from Japan. Actually I just looked back at that blog and he doesn't look like Dr. Jeckyl at all. He looks more like his evil wife Heidi. Why was she evil? Can't remember. Then I had to take a picture of her and the focus on my camera is still messed up and 15 more minutes of trying to get a nice picture with it did not get me anywhere. I'll post some half-nice pictures tomorrow. I will also post my toads. I LOVE toads. I never want to forget the great fatness of this year's toads, thus it has to be blogged, thus it's 11 pm again and 10 pm bedtime ideas are smashed and zombie-hood is slowing increasing, with a cricket acceleration parameter, but hopefully the problem is solved.

I learned a lot in Bible school today. I'm carrying 5 balloons at once which makes running a bit difficult. I need to figure out how to break my streamers. I guess you just break them and quit thinking about how to break them. I'm sure you can wad the fragments into a little ball and with small amounts of scotch tape turn them into something really fun and interesting. This is so deep, man.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software