<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I laughed 

I laughed when I finished parasitology/bacteriology/virology and pulled out my neuroanatomy notes to tear into that... and my nose spontaneously started to bleed. It was a sign. So Karina and I packed up and came home and had a pizza party and watched "Equilibrium." So good to see a bad man reform and massacre many guys to save a puppy. So revolting to see a face fall off. Karina and I are now thrilled to be creatures of emotion and not simply breaths as the clock ticks. I've gotten a little wary of movies since batman's girlfriend died, but despite some brief moments of uncertainly the man in white actually killed ALL the bad guys in a slow-motion ballet of gunfire, and with a happy ending guaranteed I laughed joyfully. Even his children and the puppy survived -- unexpected gifts.

So my brains are mushed in all directions, "The Shack" and this lovely movie have melded into my tortured neurons, and I have reached the pleasant state of learned helplessness. More exams are fine, hit me again, I like it. When the reality that I canNOT learn everything hits, I can begin to learn. Weird. We're all getting socked, even the toughest are tired, and in exhaustion we bond! Such good friends have I.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software