<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday, still in vet skool 

Massive multi-test week. Remember this as the week I spent at Julie's house. Also, macropods are kangaroos, not Big Foot, Dr. Ballwebber said "hotpockets," we chainsawed the top of a canine vertebral column off to see the spinal cord, we learned that fecal contamination is basically everywhere, and Kevin got his Ph.D. I will dedicate a blog to flatworms soon, for I am fascinated by them. I finished "Good, good pig" last night and almost cried when Christopher Hogwood died, fought with myself over where I will land in the world of meat-eating (primarily due to our poultry lecture which portrayed the assembly-line upsidedown trip to the stun-bath which caused me to think of Auschwitz despite the fact that I know this is carrying my anthropomorphizing tendencies to a new and unreasonable extreme)... and it is very near the time of day wherein I must study nutrition and kick into gear for a very challenging week of exams, quizzes, and this little matter of whether or not it would be humanly possible to finish my own Ph.D. by the 28th of March. I know it is inhumanly possible, but is it humanly possible?

Finally, a word about Jacob's livestock breeding strategy involving green poplar, hazel and chestnut rods. Dude. That is the word. Genesis 30. Why do I believe this Book? History like THAT is not concocted. It's just recorded. Similar to every other weird thing in this Book that I love for its amazing unbelievable truths that you have to be a fool to stand up for! Why does God so enjoy this process of making one seem a fool to believe in His Word? Noah? Abraham? Mary? Beats me, but there is a pattern. Pretty cool to see the forest through the trees though, when all is said and done. And perhaps we should try some things with green poplars.

Comments:
Hi Janel. Were you able to finish your PhD by the 28th? Just so you know, I enjoy your blogs very much. Hang in there--or out there--or in there--wherever you find yourself. Take care. Love, Aunt Joan
 
Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software