<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Monday, February 04, 2008

X-files 

...And exactly 13 days later the theme of Sunday service was the wilderness. Coincidence? Hmm. I wonder what's going on. I suppose I'm doomed to wonder as I won't believe anyone's idea as to what is going on. I am troubled by the fine line between confidence and arrogance. I want proof! Show me the money! Beans. It may be that faith doesn't work that way. Unless of course "fruit" is the code-name for proof. I swear, Christian vocabulary sometimes causeth me to laugheth. Meanwhile, I have to slog into this thesis chapter again, kicking and screaming. I do need to record 2 things for posterity, however. 1) "Once in a blue moon" refers to "Blue Moon," the only (or perhaps most famous) known mule born to a mule. She had a magical oocyte, it seems. 2) Last night when I dreamed about snakes the snakes were injured. They had some burn marks and missing heads. At one point one of the missing-headed snakes had a little head that came out and said it was a bot, but I think that was beside the point. The point is that the snakes were injured. I choose to consider that a positive development.

The End. Or the beginning of the torture. "Keep your word to your own hurt" takes on such a long-term meaning when it is applied to acquiring a Ph.D.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software