<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hangin out in my world 

Wow it's cold in here. I grabbed my sweatpants instead of my jacket this morning so I've been wearing my pants on my arms all day. What's more amusing than that is that nobody really cares if you are wandering around with pants on your arms.

I've been thinking about Grandma Mac after hearing stories about her from my Uncle Jim last week. I miss her. People need cheery grandmas in their lives. She's been gone... a little over 5 years now? Yup. I also thought of Jack Preiss today. I have no idea why he popped into my head, but when he did I remembered that interesting encounter up on the second floor of Biochemistry... he walked by the door, then turned around, stormed in the door, and chewed me out for telling him something some of my students didn't like about his teaching style. I believe the end result was me crying in his office trying to explain that I was only relaying information and he had asked us to give him feedback and why was he yelling at me! Rarr. So insecure. A nice blank stare would have sufficed in that situation. I wonder if life is really just a long journey toward complete emotional detachment. If it's not, it could be. People are so darned unpredictable and you never really know what's going on underneath that smiley face, do you?

I'm going to head home. Hurricane Rita hit my room. It starts with the birdseed and birdfeathers, and goes downhill from there. I'll leave you with a proverb of the day:

"Any fool can start a quarrel."

..And a picture of the day:



I miss you Grandma!

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software