<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Just exercising 

And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised. (Ecclesiastes 1:13)

Solomon said this before anyone had even imagined trying to figure out how maggot neurons work. But I guess seeking the meaning of life is not a big enough job for human beings. Sigh.

This is cool...

I am the LORD, and there is no other;
There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other;
I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the LORD, do all these things.

“Rain down, you heavens, from above,
And let the skies pour down righteousness;
Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation,
And let righteousness spring up together.
I, the LORD, have created it.
“Woe to him who strives with his Maker!
Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth!
Shall the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’
Or shall your handiwork say, ‘He has no hands’?
Woe to him who says to his father, ‘What are you begetting?’
Or to the woman, ‘What have you brought forth?’”
(Isaiah 45:5-10)


...And this makes me think again that people who insist that God used "goo-to-you" evolution to get us to where we're at (this doesn't make any sense the more I think about it) are probably wrong:

All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds. (I Corinthians 15:39)

...And this is just fun to read after a few reminders this week that God has not broken a single promise he made in the 12,000 + years we have known Him.

Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. (Hebrews 9:23-28)

And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 8:11)

Lately I've been thinking about how time as we know it is going to be obliterated at the end of this age. That means that people who died 10000 years ago and people not even on earth yet are all going to be reset into people that I can meet. Dude! I can't talk to Abraham! I can't even remember all his kid's names. Jacob... I have a lot of questions for Jacob. It took him a long time to figure out he had the wrong wife. Paul... I want to know what he thinks of 89.7 FM. They need to broaden their selection.

I need to go home. I washed all of my rats today. Last night I learned about the transatlantic cable. It is VERY awesome. http://www.history-magazine.com/cable.html We actually were going to buy a horse named "Heart's Content" once. Those serious old horsie days... long long ago in a galaxy far far away.

Our neighbor had a mountain lion in his tree this morning. Maybe it's a really good thing I gave my cats away. The mountain lion might have eaten Mr. Zulu. Cannibals.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software