<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Chicken Little, Part II 

Today was the day of the bloody chicken. My little miracle chicken (can't remember if I blogged about that, but he was a sticky chick and he should have died) greeted me this morning with his white feathers blazing bright red from beak to shoulder with blood; I believe he was put in his place by the other roosters. Anyway, his whole face was obscured by blood clots, so to the bathtub he went. The poor little chickie boy just sat passively with warm water pouring over his head for several minutes, and the bathtub became a sight and smell that was pretty record-breaking as far as grossness goes. Anyway, after some scrubbing I found that he still had a head and eyes, and he should be fine. I had flashbacks of scrubbing the yolk off of my baby chick, now he's all grown up and getting into big boy fights. I did forget to ask God to make him a hen. I am now running a homeless rooster sanctuary, which is a step in the right direction toward a dream come true, but expansion beyond roosters will have to happen some happy day in the future. Anyhoo.

What else to blog about in 5 minutes? Okay, here's something.
Isaiah 65:17: "Behold, I will create a new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." Well that's cool, sort of. It's cool for information's sake. Some stuff will be nice to forget, other stuff... well I guess I won't know I'm missing it. God is pretty interesting as He is, I wish people would get a grip on that and quit pushing Him to the backs of their heads because they think it would be a big disappointment to find out what He's really like. It's all stupid anyway, because if you are looking for reality then what you think it should be really doesn't matter.

Gotta a date with spinach. Adios. Maybe I'll grow some big muscles.

Comments:
You write very well.
 
Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software