<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Hmm 

95% of people reject the truth (as I call it) of God for emotional reasons, 5% intellectual. Aaron said so. Wonder if it's true? Or maybe 95% of the reasons are emotional, 5% intellectual. Same thing. Within category #1 go all of those who have been hurt by... I don't know... life experiences that shouldn't happen if there is a good God (worth serving), idiots wearing Christian costumes, maybe even non-idiot Christians that can't avoid that fact that this truth, if true, sort of hurts at a deep level. We're all control freaks, starting at about 1-yr-old.

It does seem a little dumb to put so much stock in this Book sometimes, but the problem with shelving it is that the words really are living and powerful. As a closed Book, meaningless, as a read Book, more sensible than anything else presented that I've come across so far. I don't even have to break the laws of Thermodynamics to explain my present state of existence. Too cool.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software