<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

snakes 

Isaiah 11:8
The nursing child will crawl over rattlesnake dens, the toddler stick his hand down the hole of a serpent.
The Message (Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

I've hunted through several versions of the Bible and it appears that there is no way around this piece of heaven involving snakes. That was not the point of church today, but it was something that stuck in my head. Perhaps in heaven the snakes will have fur and legs.

Isaiah 11:9-10 (KJV)
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

I'm looking forward to meeting God. His presence will be so satifying, and a great place to rest after an annoying trip through earth. There are many days when I don't want to praise Him, but if a rock and a tree can praise Him I suppose I could go ahead and praise Him when I don't feel like it. Why? Well that was the point of church today. If I can't think of enough reasons to praise Him every single day then I'm definitely not understanding the gospel. Week #2 of brain surgery.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software