<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Moo 

Woe is science. We claim to use "the power of genetics" with this system, yet sometimes the genetics just aren't powerful. Sometimes they're downright weak and useless. I need to have a good laugh right now. Perhaps I can cough one up. This morning in class the prof was talking about the "matching" experimental design and how that can be applied at all levels, even to the level of matching left front teats on cows in a mastitis study. I hadn't had any caffeine yet and have been on the scope a little too much... anyway that's a possible explanation for why I began to worry about how you would track it if the teats rotated. Kind of like objectives on a scope, you know? Okay that worked, I laughed. That's just weird, and it would be sad to be a cow with rotating teats. Along that line of animals, hip-hip-hooray I gave shots to a goat this morning. That incredibly strong feeling is coming back... that inner deep certainty that I was meant to begin my workday in a barn, not a lab. Ah yes, but the easiest way out is through.

My laptop is living, sporadically. It finally came on around 5pm today, then Hee Jin touched it and it died, then it came on again about 20 min later and it is still on. Proving it's worth to me by playing music -- the only thing it can do without being touched. I have some old Arabic songs from Lubna on it, if I had 3oz. of energy I could get up and belly dance. I had so many good times with that girl, the good memories are fun to visit sometimes.

I'm approaching a vegetative state. The ADF chapter is lurking around the back of my brain whispering words of doom, but my brains are too limp to bother with them right now. The fridge is fighting them off. I am one with the fridge again. Gotta wake up and go to Bible study. Andrea Bocelli wants me to stay and learn Italian so I can know what he's singing. HA! Star Wars is now playing. I should call up Aaron-boy and see if he got his Vader message this morning. Ta-ta.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software