<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Neat stuff 

Long day, wow. But today I learned that Paul was one of those ***lucky*** people who saw Jesus after He was killed. Didn't know that. I have always thought that the sheer number of people who claimed to see Jesus after He died was one of the strongest reasons to take the hypothesis seriously, but I had forgotten where the "big numbers" were actually recorded. Well, just found them. Check this out (this is Paul's letter to the people in Corinth, dated about 56 A.D.):

1 Corinthians 15

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that...

He was seen by Cephas.

Then by the twelve.

After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.

After that He was seen by James.

Then by all the apostles.

Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

Seeing Jesus would be pretty motivating. All of these people (except John) went to their death because of this crazy claim they would not give up. Dude I believe them.

Well that's all. I need to get off this computer. I need to go and see if there's a baby in the barn. It's getting about that time where I am ignoring what she looks like and thinking she's just going to pop that thing out no matter if it appears she lacks the capacity to feed it. It could be in the barn RIGHT NOW... whooooo-ha-ha.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software