<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pretty day 

I received a compliment yesterday, I think. Someone I know used to believe that all republicans are evil smarmie bastards. Now that she has known me, she believes that some of us at least have good hearts and are just misguided. I like that better. Something else funny happened yesterday also. Thanks to Vince and Kessid's marvelous sense of humor, I realized that being absolutely frustrated with graduate school nearly to the point of tears is actually extremely funny. My frustration is that I cannot seem to draw nice boxes around pieces of maggot brains. Yes indeed, the fact that I study maggots has come to the mental rescue once again.

Today is an absolutely beautiful day. FYI: King Solomon had apes and monkeys or peacocks which is another reason he was cool, the fact that he had 1000 wives and worshiped strange gods in his old age is awesome evidence that God deals with you based on today's behavior and not future behavior, and His mercy really is infinite. Infinite. Big word. God is really awesome.

This poem came by email today from "Today's Bible reading." It's a good poem for people like me who like to share problems with God for a while and then take them back.

Broken Dreams

As children bring
their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams
to God
because He was my friend!

But then instead
of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around
and tried to help
with ways
that were my own.

At last I snatched them back
and cried,
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said
"What could I do?
You never did let go."
Author Unknown

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software