<$BlogRSDURL$>

Janel's Place

Sometimes sparks of genius just have to be typed.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Babies and rainbows 

I've had so many opportunites to think about human development this week, I'm floored again at how beautiful humans are. Look at this little guy at 8 weeks old, just an inch long and about 2.5 grams. So cute and perfect.


www.chanceandchoice.com/.../chapter4.html

Then last night I saw the most awesome rainbow ever, and didn't have my camera of course. It looked something like this:


http://www.tvsmith.net.my/picturestory/00088_rainbow.html

It was kind of a double rainbow on the bottom, then another rainbow a ways up, and all of them were stretching all the way across the sky.

Then I had one of those sort of rare and random thought clashes, and realized that God was looking at that rainbow and remembering a promise He made about 10,000 years ago...

“And as for Me, behold, I establish My covenant with you and with your descendants after you, and with every living creature that is with you: the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you, of all that go out of the ark, every beast of the earth. Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”


Genesis 9

Thank God He keeps His word.

Did you know that we kill 126,000 babies a day in this world? 48% of those are done after the 9th week. Babies even larger than that perfect one up there. Roughly 2/3 of these "choices" are made by people who were unmarried, messing around and looking for an easy way to get rid of the problem.

God help the parents who made that choice! I hope they didn't really understand what they were doing. But those who knowingly push them to that decision had better darn well be sure that there is no God. The God I read about hates hands that shed innocent blood. These are not casualties of war, not bystanders to a conflict between nations. They're just babies, a little smaller than we're used to looking at.

In God's wisdom He's holding out on this world, but I think we can look at those rainbows as a life support system for those who have not found Him yet, those who know that He is there but have strayed away... basically anyone not quite ready to stand in front of Him yet, self included!

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]

Eowyn

Eowyn

If I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Eowyn, Woman of Rohan, niece of King Theoden and sister of Eomer.

In the movie, I am played by Miranda Otto.

Who would you be?
Zovakware Lord of the Rings Test with Perseus Web Survey Software